Network Engineer Job at American University of Nigeria
The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Network Engineer
Job Location: Yola, Adamawa
- A Network Engineer reports to the Network Manager and is responsible for monitoring devices and cabling structure within the AUN network; ensuring proper functionality of entire system
- The network engineer also plans and designs processes in which the network can be configured, implement, managed, troubleshoot, analyze, and maintain networks in line with stipulated policies and procedures.
- Carry out penetration testing, network sniffing and reconnaissance.
- Responsible for installing network hardware, cabling structure, and software for network.
- Tests, monitors, and maintain cabling structure environment.
- Tests, monitors, and maintain wireless controllers and access points.
- Install and maintain network services. Oversee network security and defend the security architecture of the Network and manages back-up of configurations of network devices and restoration.
- Perform troubleshooting, analysis of connectivity between servers, workstations and Internet cloud.
- Perform other duties assigned by his supervisors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from a recognized tertiary institution with at least minimum of 1 (one) year post NYSC experience working in network.
- Certifications: CCNA etc.
- Advanced knowledge of cabling structured network.
- Operating Systems knowledge: Windows, Cisco IOS, Linux family
- Hands-on experience implementing and administrating Cisco network equipment: switches, routers, firewalls, network protocols, VoIP., Wireless Access Points and WLAN Controllers
Demonstrable level of competence including:
- A thorough understanding of the network technology and protocols
- A practical level of experience implementing and administrating common
- TCP/IP-based and other services.
- Working knowledge of common network monitoring and security utilities
- Troubleshooting focused on determining hardware vs. software, network vs. application/systems.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Strong analytical abilities and professional office experience needed.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift, carry, and move network equipment and other ancillary equipment.
- Possess high level interpersonal communication skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume, Cover Letter and References to: [email protected] using the Job position as the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal-opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, creed, color, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion, and marital status.
LTE Senior Program Officer - Africa, Adolescents & Social NormsBill & Melinda Gates FoundationThe Foundation We are the largest nonprofit fighting poverty, disease, and inequity around the world. Founded on a simple premise: people everywhere, regardless of1 day agoShareAbuja
Network Engineer Job at Dotmac Technologies LimitedDotmac Technologies LTDFull-timeDotmac Technologies Limited - We are an Information & Communications Technology Solutions Company formed in 2008, located in Abuja, Nigeria. We deliver reliable,1 day agoShareAbuja
ICT Support Officer Job at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)The International Institute of Tropical...Full-timeThe International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing1 day agoShareKano
Workshop Support EngineerTechnipFMCTechnipFMC is a global leader in the energy industry, specialized in subsea and surface technologies integrated projects, products, and services. Our mission and vision:1 day agoShareRivers
Schools, Director - New Opportunities (Nigerian)NewGlobeLocation: Global - 75% travel internationally New Opportunities Department New Opportunities brings the majority of our extensive breadth of technical expertise1 day agoShareLagos